Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life Event: A humble recognition from the OES forum

It has been a very busy and tiring week! I'm just being sneaky enough to steal some time to write about some pretty awesome stuff that happened in the past few days.


So there is this facebook forum/group called On Every Street (OES), a street photography forum with members/street photographers all around the globe. And there is this contest held by the group called the "OES Hall of Fame". Every month, photo entries are submitted by uploading them to a container album and are deliberated upon by the administrators of the group (who are experienced international street photographers). The best for each month is granted a spot on the Hall of Fame itself.


I joined the June HoF contest. And luckily...




My entry for June's OES HoF contest. My personal favorite as well. 

Man, this is my first award/recognition in the field of Street Photography! I felt so humbled and overwhelmed when Marco told me the news. I dunno, after all the efforts on learning and practicing SP, things like this would really prove to be a pat on the back, a reward and an affirmation that I'm on the right track Baby I was born this way. Though I don't really see myself as an awesome street photographer still. I feel that awesomeness in SP can not be measured by a single photograph, but by a consistently high-quality-jaw-dropping-knee-melting body of work. And that's my goal. :)


So yes. Just wanted to share the news. Hihi. Thank you all! Thank you again, OES family! And most of all, a big thank you to the Almighty. :)




5 comments:

  1. NICE!very nice, dear brother!keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vivian barbadilloJuly 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM

    congrats carlo..ang galing mo..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a real winner kid. You had some stiff competition but yours stood out as the best of the best. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bernard barbadilloJuly 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM

    Great achievement carlo.... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congtratz Carlo!! Yahoo..!! Di na talga mapipigilan ang galing at talento!!! keep it up! We are Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete